Postcard mailed from the Olympic Village on 23 July 2021, opening day of the Olympic Games.
This Fall 2021 issue of JSP marks the beginning of our 60th year providing sport and Olympic philatelic news! The big event is of course the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games finally taking place after a 1-year delay due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We report on the limited program instituted by the host country postal administration, Japan Post. Additional content includes:
- Albert Meyer, the first Olympic photographer
- Australia’s Living Cricket Legends
- At long last: A Stamp Show!
- TOKYO 2021 – An Odd Year For Olympic Philately
- Unauthorized Australian Olympic Stamps – Sydney 2000
- Sport of Curling on Postage Stamps
As always, we report on recent stamp issues from around the world, as well as new U.S. commemorative sports cancels. New SPI members are introduced along with updates for existing members. Recent exhibition results are also provided.